Monday, March 12, 2012

Shamrock Headbands

"May I see you grey and combing your children's hair."
 -Irish Toast

 Well, I am not even going to tell you what my husband said about this craft, but suffice it to say, he is not a fan. But I will have you know that the little girls spent the whole day wearing these last week when I made them, and their charms have yet to wear off. So take that, hubby!


I took about a 2 inch wide strip of felt and cut out little elongated half circle shapes. Later, I decided that the scalloped top was cuter and more shamrock-ey. Yes, I just invented the word shamrockey. So you will see that I changed that in the later pics.

Anyways, run a needle and thread on through the bottoms of four pieces of felt...


Pull your thread tight until the felt all cinches up, and secure everything in place with a couple of stitches...
 (See how the edges are more scalloped now)


Stitch on a little piece of felt for a stem...


Now use a little circle of felt, place it on the underside of  your headband. Add some hot glue, and attach the shamrock to the top.

Ta Da!





I figured out the cost for these: Approximately 37 cents a piece. The headbands were 5/1.50 at Forever 21, and the felt was 20 cents a sheet at WalMart. So, no joke, you could make these for everyone you are possibly going to see on St. Paddy's and keep it under 5 bucks. That's my kind of craft. Enjoy!


Linking up:

7 comments:

  1. This is really cute. I just made some other felt headbands, but I love the cute clover for St. Patrick's Day. Jodi @ www.meaningfulmama.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those, they are fun, easy and beautiful. I am going to make two for my own little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw! How fun and cute! And a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I'd love for you to link it up to Crafty Cousins!

    http://crafting-cousins.blogspot.com/2012/03/what-i-wore-sunday-week-7.html

    ~Natalie

    Holla! We're your newest followers! (via Linky...GFC wasn't working...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh these are adorable. I remember someone making little felt shamrock Pins in junior high, I still have mine!!! No wonder the girls love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...