Saturday, March 3, 2012

Irish Authors: Creating an Irish Welcome

"From Dewy Dreams" by James Joyce

From dewy dreams, my soul, arise,
From love's deep slumber and from death,
For lo! the trees are full of sighs
Whose leaves the morn admonisheth . . . 


Confession:  I'm not Irish, I don't look good in green, and leprechauns scare me.  But other than that, I adore Ireland.  With St. Patrick's Day just around the corner, I decided I would try to provide an Irish welcome to those who visit my door.  Taking a cue from author James Joyce, I tried to use as many "leaves"--admonished or not--in this endeavor.






Pin It


I've had the generic green wreath above for several seasons, but today I decided to add a bit of Irish flair to it.

 I printed off this adorable vintage St. Patrick's Day greeting and placed it in a gold frame.


I then hung the frame in the center of the wreath.  Who said frames were only for the indoors of houses?  I like the unexpected sight of a gilded frame outside


Who knows?  Maybe the touch of green Ireland on the door will fill our abode with extra luck! 

3 comments:

  1. That is great! I hope you will link up to my St. Patty's Day Project Parade.

    www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty! My husband is from Ireland and I love all things Paddy's Day! Would love it if you'd link this up on my party going on now at

    http://teaganstravels.blogspot.com/2012/03/destination-inspiration-linky-party-5.html

    Thanks, Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...