Saturday, March 31, 2012

Beatrix Potter's Easter: Blackberries and Cream

 I AM sorry to say that Peter was not very well during the evening.
His mother put him to bed, and made some camomile tea; and she gave a dose of it to Peter!
``One table-spoonful to be taken at bed-time.'' 
 BUT Flopsy, Mopsy, and Cotton-tail had bread and milk and blackberries, for supper.
The End.
-Beatrix Potter's "Peter Rabbit"

I want you to know that I DO NOT pass on recipes on this blog if I feel like they just turned out "okay." If I am definitely going to re-make something (And in this case, probably about three times this week,) then I share the recipe. Because I want you to have the joy of Blackberries in sweet cream soaked bread, with a crispy top, drizzled in white chocolate cream.... I might have to make more right now.

*This is an adaptation of the "Kneader's Raspberry Bread Pudding" recipe.*
Blackberry Bread Pudding with White Chocolate Cream Sauce

3 Cups of Blackberries
1 1/2 Cups Sugar
1/4 C. White Grape Juice
1 Cup Milk
1 Cup Cream
1 Egg
1 loaf of crusty bread (I used 2 small loaves, but just judge what will fit into a 9X9 pan)

Mash the blackberries, sugar and grape juice together.
Mix the Milk, Cream, & Egg.
add them all together with the bread broken into one inch crumbs.
Let it all soak for a while, and bake at 375 for about 40 minutes.

White Chocolate Cream Sauce
1 stick unsalted butter
2 TBSP flour
1 1/2 C milk
1/3 C sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 C White Chocolate Chips

Whisk butter and flour in a saucepan over medium heat until it's just starting to change color. You do NOT want this to turn brown, you just want the flour to cook so you don't taste flour paste. Then whisk in the milk and sugar, and cook until it thickens. Add the vanilla and white chocolate and whisk until it's all incorporated. Drizzle over the bread pudding and enjoy!


The Ultimate Seal of Approval.



Linking Up:

3 comments:

  1. My hubby will love this! Well, I won't mind it so much myself. :) You have a very nice blog, I am a new follower. Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so fabulous! Had to pin...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks SOO good. I'm definitely pinning for when I have enough bread pieces saved.:)
    Shiloh
    everydaygameplan.net

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...