Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Beatrix Potter's Easter: A Spring Wreath

What Beatrix Potter's Easter would be complete without a spring wreath featuring a rabbit?  I took my plain old magnolia wreath and hung a little "Happy Easter" plaque in the center.  Unfortunately, when I first stepped back to look at the wreath, I frowned.  I know it sounds ridiculous, but the rabbit looked unhappy to be bedecked in blossoms.  I succumbed to imagination and surrounded his little world with some Spanish moss.  
(It's as close to a grassy field as I could get.)  
I don't know if he feels better, but I do.





9 comments:

  1. Oooo I like it! I love using moss for pretty much anything. It definitely adds a fresh touch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this wreath....so pretty & the sweet bunny plaque looks very happy indeed with his mossy surround!
    Also love the dark door colour too!
    x Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love this! The bunny plaque is so endearing and adds so much! Great touch! Excited to be a follower...and I recognize that song! One of my favorite movies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just a beautiful wreath and I love what you did with the moss and the rabbit. All georgous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gals, thanks so much for sharing your wonderful wreath at the Easter Party and Vintage Inspiration, I just love it and will be featuring this post this week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your wreath is so beautiful and elegant! I love all things Beatrix Potter myself. I found you blog through Common Ground and I'm now following. I love the theme and design on here as well! ~ Jamie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...