Friday, March 2, 2012

Ode to Irish Authors: A Horrible Error

Well, we thought that it would be a pleasant endeavor to explore the hope filled spring of classic Irish literature this St. Patrick's Day season. We were wrong. It has come to our attention that most classic Irish lit is not what you might call "Cheery." Before anyone gets offended, I would like to say that everything I have been reading has been excellent; but not exactly happy. So as we plan out the coming weeks, I bring you a printable with a lovely phrase from the amazing William Butler Yeats.



Now you may or may not want to know that the rest of this verse goes something like this:

All true love must die,
Alter at the best
Into some lesser thing.
Prove that I lie.

Such body lovers have,
Such exacting breath,
That they touch or sigh.
Every touch they give,
Love is nearer death.
Prove that I lie. 

 So you can see why I kept it to the first two lines for the printable... It's entitled "Her Anxiety" if anyone was wondering. 

And I am out. See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Oh love love love the printable. I adore birds and always have. In fact, I've actually had a few different birds as pets in my life, and they have much more personality than we give them credit for. And yes.. I think you did a good job keeping the prase to just the first part :) haha!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...