Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Beatrix Potter's Easter: A Garden Entry

Then he squeezed into the larder. 
Miss Butterfly was tasting the sugar; but she flew away out of the window. 
"Tiddly, widdly, widdly, Mrs. Tittlemouse; you seem to have plenty of visitors!" 
 "And without any invitation!" said Mrs. Thomasina Tittlemouse.
-THE TALE OF MRS. TITTLEMOUSE, Beatrix Potter


I am good at a lot of stuff. Diaper changing, check. "Fake cleaning" a house in a matter of 10 minutes when you hear someone is headed over, check. Eating more than my hubby (who looks like a linebacker,) check. So you may be thinking to yourself "Gee, Miriam. You seem like a human being who is nigh unto perfect. What could you possibly improve?" Well, I will tell you: I never decorate for holidays, (Except Christmas, of course.) And it makes my hubby and kids sad. So I am working on it. 

Here is our newly outfitted Spring Entry, inspired by Beatrix Potter and her Peter Rabbit:




My favorite addition was this little bunny. 

I printed a silhouette, traced it onto scrapbook paper, and cut it out.
And placed it in a frame that held a print of Trafalgar Square, because that just didn't seem very "Spring-like"





I covered some balls in moss, because I have taken to putting moss on everything that doesn't move. 
And I added a little friend to the picnic basket.

(Also, in a super-stalker-ish move, I still have the tag on that basket which was a wedding gift from a friend like a decade ago. But she just has the coolest handwriting ever. Thanks, Alisa!)

 
I also spray painted some plastic eggs, and mod-podged book pages onto one of them.
(My mod podged egg did not turn out so lovely. After the fact, I read a tutorial on Dear Lillie and realized that I am a moron and if I had soaked my paper, it would have turned out much better. Oh well, next Easter...)



My second favorite additions were the floating flowers and butterflies.


I used clear thread to hang them from the ceiling and attached them to the string with hot glue.


And of course, there had to be a print of Peter Rabbit in there somewhere.


Happy Reading, and Happy Easter!



Linking Up:




Dear Lillie's Easter Link Party



11 comments:

  1. Oh this turned out wonderful! YOu did such a great job with the wall and the vignette. It is so pretty! Love your little bunnies and how you did the picture. Very sweet.
    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I just adore it all! Especially the bunny silhouette. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks so pretty! Really love the floating butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I just love this! The entire theme is one of my absolute favorites :) For not being a holiday decorator (I only do Christmas and Halloween), this is FANTASTIC--great job! I'm a new follower from the linky blog hop and, btw, you are very funny! Please stop by: http://redheadedmommycan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little bunny peeking out of the basket is adorable! Cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bunny in the basket. Cute. I think you did very well with your Easter decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty...you bunny peeking out of the basket is adorable. It all looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the silhouette bunny! very cute! -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks beautiful, Miriam! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bunny basket is just too cute! I featured it on my blog under cute bunny stuff! http://blovelyevents.com/2013/03/29/the-easter-bunny-is-here/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...