Sunday, February 26, 2012

Jane Austen Month, Day 28: Every Savage Can Dance

"I must have you dance. I hate to see you standing around by yourself in this stupid manner.” 
 -Mr. Bingley, Pride and Prejudice

Every savage can dance. But not every savage can perform every kind of dance.

I spent the better part of my childhood and adolescence in a dance studio. I was a ballerina. But only a ballerina. The problem with being so specialized is that you inevitably join a dance company, who inevitably wants their dancers to perform varied work. Let's just say that this six foot tall, pale, blonde ballerina leaves something to be desired in the world of Flamenco dancing. Trust me. I have video.

But I dearly love the dance. So when Erika showed me this charming little gem from the 2005 Pride and Prejudice, I thought it should be shared with you too.




And yes, when Matthew MacFadyen says he likes the custom of standing when a lady enters the room, I fell a little bit in love with him too. "Oh, you ARE Mr. Darcy!" :)

Happy Sunday!


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...