|ugly picture, gorgeous treat.|
Another little sweetie we saw today was this little cake, topped with a strawberry mousse, capped off with a layer of preserves, and wrapped with white chocolate. My little lady got to it before I could snap a picture, but I cannot blame her for that.
Now I would like to share with you one of my favorite, "Big hit" tea recipes. Everyone likes these. They are light and sweet, and very feminine.They have a crunchy, sugary crust, with a slightly chewy center, and then there's the creamy top and tangy fruit to round it all out. Trust me. This one's a winner. Also, if you are craving a french Macaron, these are a WAY easier substitute that can take their place proudly any day.
BeBookBound's Meringue Nests
- 4 egg whites
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large CLEAN (grease will kill this.) bowl, whip the egg whites with salt and cream of tartar to a soft peak. Sprinkle in the sugar while whipping til it reaches stiff peaks. Fold in the lemon zest. Drop a spoonful on your sheet, and hollow out the center a bit- like you would with mashed potatoes.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until they peel off of the sheet without sticking. Cool on wire racks.
|Egg Whites/Cream of Tartar/Salt|
|Soft Peaks- time to add sugar.|
|I added a little blackberry juice to mine (after the sugar) for some color.|
- (This is really not a science. Just make a yummy creamy filling. Hard to mess up.)
- Whip 1-2 cups of heavy cream a few drops of vanilla and a couple of tablespoons of sugar to stiff peaks.
- Beat in in 1/2 tsp. Lemon zest and 4 oz. room temp. cream cheese.
Fill each cooled meringue nest with the cream cheese mixture and top with fruit of choice. I have also drizzled chocolate on top, or garnished with mint depending on the occasion. Serve, and enjoy.
|I love what the blackberry juice did- look at that lilac center.|
Very Merry Vintage Style - LilLuna - DIY By Design - Savvy Southern Style - Chattychics - Primp - Blue Cricket Design - Trendy Treehouse -It's Overflowing -The 36th Avenue - Shabby Creek Cottage - House of Hepworths -Stuff and Nonsense - At the Picket Fence - French Country Cottage - Whipperberry - Shabby Nest - One Artsy Mama - Country Momma Cooks -Family Ever After - Tatertots and Jello - Lolly Jane Boutique - Funky Junk Interiors - I Heart Naptime - Flamingo Toes -