Sunday, July 15, 2012

Jane Austen and a Midsummer Dream Come True

Miriam and I have many midsummer dreams, and one of them came true this week.  

We have been featured by the Jane Austen Centre in Bath, England!  

The Centre discovered our tutorials for our Jane Austen silhouette necklaces and decided they were the perfect addition to their website.



This moment doesn't come with an "all expenses paid" vacation to the British Isles.  It doesn't even come with fish and chips.  It really is nothing more than a fleeting moment of flattery.  However, just knowing that our names are connected with Jane Austen's somewhere in England is enough to make us "feel rather faint". 

We hope that one day we can experience Bath in person and try our "30 Day Austen Experiment" in Jane's backyard.  Until then, we'll have to content ourselves with tea parties, scones, silhouette necklaces, and lots and lots of trips to the Jane Austen Centre website (where I found these lovely inspirations) . . .



Here's wishing that all of your Midsummer Dreams come true!

Sharing at . . .





4 comments:

  1. Congrats to you both! Too bad you don't win a trip to England though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos!!! I'm so happy for you. I know I would be THRILLED to have my little name connected to Jane in any fashion at all. One day.....yes, one day, I will visit Bath and take a tour of Jane's world. Until then, I too, visit through books and movies, and websites ( like yours). Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! I will now check out this website as I am a Jane Austen fan. The necklaces are fabulous! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Melissa @ Daisy Mae Belle. WOW! How exciting to get that great feature! Maybe you should go out for some fish and chips to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...