"Oh, you take a bout a palm of baking powder, and half a palm of salt, and a few cups of flour..."
Now, this method might actually generally work for Erika, as she has inherited some lovely, feminine hands, with palms roughly the same size as my mother's. I thought the best way to show you my predicament was with a drawing:
Now, you can understand how the last time I used her pancake recipe, I ended up with little baking powder flavored mountains on my griddle.
So here, I do not have my mom's famous brownies. But I DO have an awesome brownie recipe nonetheless. I hope you get a chance to try them this holiday season.
BeBookBound's Chocolate Mint Brownies
- Melt 2 sticks Butter and 4-1oz. Squares of Baking Chocolate together. (You CAN use the cocoa substitution on the box and they turn out just fine)
- Whip 4 eggs til frothy and add 2 cups of sugar. Beat for 5 minutes- it will be gorgeous, light yellow fluffiness :)
- While beating egg/sugar mix on medium, slowly pour in your butter/chocolate mixture. Add a tsp of vanilla, and fold in a cup of flour.
- pour into a greased 9X13 pan and bake for about 25 minutes at 375, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Beat 3C Powdered Sugar with a stick of butter, and 1 1/2 tsp. of mint extract, and about 6 drops of green food coloring. Add milk in SMALL increments until you reach desired consistency.Now top your cooled brownies with this.
- Melt 1/2 stick of butter with 1C of Chocolate Chips until it's beautiful and silky. Glob it on top, and then spread it on the brownies. Let it sit for a while to firm up, and ENJOY! :)
Linked up to these awesome parties: