Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Frosted Pumpkin Cookies

You know how everybody has some cookie they HAVE to make at the holidays? I have like 7 I have accrued over the years, but among them is this amazing, moist, cakey, pumpkin spicey goodness. It's a staple here, and if you try it, I think it will become a staple for you too.  Heaven knows we all need one more thing to do for the holidays, right?



Pumpkin Cookies

1 C Butter
1/2 C Brown Sugar
1/2 C Granulated Sugar
1 C Canned Pumpkin
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 C Flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp salt

Cream sugars and butter. Add pumpkin, egg and vanilla. Mix well. Sift together dry ingredients and add to wet mixture. Mix just til combined. drop spoonfuls onto a non-greased cookie sheet. Cook at 350 for 8-10 minutes. SERIOUSLY. If you overcook these, they turn into little rubber plate thingys. Not good.

Frosting:

Microwave 1/2 stick butter and 1/2 cup brown sugar until melted together. Add 1/4 c milk and a tsp vanilla, and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add 2 cups or so of Powdered Sugar, beat it all up, and spread over cookies. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Greetings from Southern California.

    Thanks for the recipe. I'll pass it on to my wife. Maybe I'll get lucky and she will bake me some :-)

    I am your Newest Follower.

    God Bless & Have a Nice Day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious! My favorite holiday cookie is chocolate crinkles, and I never make enough of them because they always disappear first. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes!! These are the best cookies! Wish I had some right now! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...