Saturday, February 18, 2012

Jane Austen Month, Day 20: Mocktail Soiree Invites

So I can tell that I am stuck on this whole gray blue color scheme, because I spent yesterday re-doing our blog background, and today I made mock up invitation that totally matches. Forgive me, but my creativity (Or lack thereof) is what it is.

So here's how I make an invitation:
Scour thegraphicsfairy.com for a neat graphic (Like the frame below.)
Open a blank file in Photoshop or Gimp (Free) or whatever other program you have
Paint the background your chosen color
Add your words!
Easy as pie


N


(And yes, we have our own country club.) ;)
 
Now Adding the frame can get a little tricky, so I turned this one into a PNG file for you, so you can just open this as a layer or lay it on top of what you are doing, and all the white parts will be transparent. Makes it WAY easier if it's already transparent. Trust me.


And there you go. Someday I will do a whole tutorial on how to use GIMP or PSE to make this stuff, but that day is not today, as I have a baby on my lap whose happiness has a limited shelf life. Happy Mocktailing :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm just loving this month full of all things Austen! You should do an Anne-themed month or week ;). I adore blue and grey, and really any color scheme that reminds me of years gone by. Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous invite!! Loving the color!! I'm adding my vote for the PSE tips!! I have that program for my Mac, but can't figure it out for the life of me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...