Wednesday, April 16, 2014

From the Book of Life: A Baby Shower

"I love these little people; and it is not a slight thing when they, 
who are so fresh from God, love us."  
~ Charles Dickens

I had the privilege of throwing my sister-in-law a baby shower this weekend.  She is having a little girl in a few weeks, and she and my brother plan to name her Lizzie.  Ah, Lizzie.  Such a wonderful name.  

I set out to throw her a perfectly amazing, perfectly feminine baby shower.  But as a mother of five boys, when it comes to all things "girlie," I feel a bit like a fish out of water.  Or my grandmother using Twitter.  Or a man during labor. 

So I pushed all my creative sparks aside and went with PINK

Yep.  I threw a "pink" shower.  (Lame, I know.  But I panicked.)

In my defense, pink IS a unique color around these parts (unless you are counting the loads of laundry my son does where he inevitably throws his red t-shirts in with his white socks, in which case "pink" is not so uncommon.)



But here is the good news: Somewhere between the refreshment table and the party favors, no one really cares WHAT the theme of the party is as long as they are well-fed and favored before they leave.

So I made sure to offer my guests a tasty brunch, including . . . 

strawberry yogurt parfaits

 
 Quiche squares with ham, spinach, red pepper, and carmelized onions


 and maple bacon muffins.


The food went fast and mom-to-be was showered with generous gifts.


At the end of the day, I'd have to say I was tickled "pink" with the result. :)

 




7 comments:

  1. It looks lovely and fun - long live pink, I say! That is also one of my favorite quotes at the beginning of your post. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just delightful! I love everything you did. Magazine-worthy! So charming and old-fashioned looking. You are a natural!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did great with the pink! All the food looks amazing. You are a great sister-in-law to do all of that. Great job! ~ Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am definitely enjoying your website. You definitely have some great insight and great stories. modern shower heads

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arunachal Pradesh Class 12 Textbooks PDF 2020 of all subjects. Due to the present situation of COVID-19 and lockdown period, students will have more time to learn new things. After the 10th board exam, Class 12 is the next milestone in the Arunachal Pradesh 11th Textbook journey of education. Class 12 is the foundation for the coming any Bachelor’s Degree. Class 12 results decide the career of the students and what they want to pursue in their future.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...