Wednesday, April 16, 2014

From the Book of Life: A Baby Shower

"I love these little people; and it is not a slight thing when they, 
who are so fresh from God, love us."  
~ Charles Dickens

I had the privilege of throwing my sister-in-law a baby shower this weekend.  She is having a little girl in a few weeks, and she and my brother plan to name her Lizzie.  Ah, Lizzie.  Such a wonderful name.  

I set out to throw her a perfectly amazing, perfectly feminine baby shower.  But as a mother of five boys, when it comes to all things "girlie," I feel a bit like a fish out of water.  Or my grandmother using Twitter.  Or a man during labor. 

So I pushed all my creative sparks aside and went with PINK

Yep.  I threw a "pink" shower.  (Lame, I know.  But I panicked.)

In my defense, pink IS a unique color around these parts (unless you are counting the loads of laundry my son does where he inevitably throws his red t-shirts in with his white socks, in which case "pink" is not so uncommon.)



But here is the good news: Somewhere between the refreshment table and the party favors, no one really cares WHAT the theme of the party is as long as they are well-fed and favored before they leave.

So I made sure to offer my guests a tasty brunch, including . . . 

strawberry yogurt parfaits

 
 Quiche squares with ham, spinach, red pepper, and carmelized onions


 and maple bacon muffins.


The food went fast and mom-to-be was showered with generous gifts.


At the end of the day, I'd have to say I was tickled "pink" with the result. :)

 




3 comments:

  1. It looks lovely and fun - long live pink, I say! That is also one of my favorite quotes at the beginning of your post. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just delightful! I love everything you did. Magazine-worthy! So charming and old-fashioned looking. You are a natural!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did great with the pink! All the food looks amazing. You are a great sister-in-law to do all of that. Great job! ~ Jamie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...