Monday, September 3, 2012

Fall Poetry: A Pie-fect Makeover

Lemon Pie

The world is full of gladness,
    There are joys of many kinds,
There's a cure for every sadness,
    That each troubled mortal finds.
And my little cares grow lighter
    And I cease to fret and sigh,
And my eyes with joy grow brighter
    When she makes a lemon pie . . .

Edgar Albert Guest 1881-1959 (English-born American Poet)

This month's inspiration is poetry, particularly Autumnal poetry. And I can't think of anything more fall-like than pie! Desserts seem to be a big part of any well balanced meal in my world. So you can imagine how pleased I was when my in-laws told us they'd decided to open a pie shop! It officially opened this week, and it's been so exciting to see their vision come to life. They were sweet enough to include me in a ton of their plans. I got to help plan the interior design, logo, business cards, etc. I will say that almost every day has surprised me with how many things go into a business. Luckily, my mother in law is up for pretty much any challenge. I want to share with you the transformation of this space:




 She wanted it to look like a version of a french Patisserie, so after a few modifications here and there, this is the plan we came up with:



I made the plan in photoshop, and one of these days I will have to do a tutorial on it because it is so easy to do, and can really help you decide what you want to do in a space before you take the plunge! Well, here is the finished product:
I think it's even cuter than the plan!

Here's a close-up of the stripes. I will also do a tutorial on those. Painting stripes is simple enough, but I have a couple of tricks that make it a bit easier.



Now who wants some pie?!




That's my adorable Mother In Law. If you happen to live in the Mesa, AZ area, you should go get a pie from her! (Power and Brown rds) It's a good thing I don't live close to Piefection, because I would be roughly 900 pounds if I did.



16 comments:

  1. This is awesome! The plan you came up with is great, but I would agree that the real deal is even better. Your mother in law really is ADORABLE.

    Congrats to all of you on a job well done and I hope their business does fantastic (love the name!). If I didn't live in Alaska, I'd be there in an instant ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness this is just wonderful! Your Photoshop drawing was so cute then to see it in real life is amazing!!! Oh and how I love pie, wish this place was closer...oh wait no I don't that could be dangerous!
    Thank you for the nice compliments our kitchen which truly was a Labor of Love and I'm so proud of the hubs, if it weren't for him I'd never have that beautiful room!
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your MIL...those pies look delicious! You designed a great space! Amazing what you can do with photoshop and a little imagination. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck to your mother in law. If I lived there we'd be going right now. Nothing better to eat than good pie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting!!! And what an honor to have them include you in the design process. They know good taste when they see it right? ;-) The shop looks absolutely incredible and I only wish I could come down and buy a pie...although it's probably good I don't live close either!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute little (or big?) café! I'd totally go there if I loved in the area =) The design is really great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Your design is fabulous - somewhere I'd really want to come inside for pie. I just love it.
    So . . . I found your link at Home Stories A to Z blog party, decided I needed to dig into it and clicked. Then I'm reading and the cutest little pie shop I ever saw is in Mesa, AZ. Guess what - I live in Prescott and lived in or near Mesa for 23 years. Small world, huh?
    Anyway - just had to tell you I love the design and your MIL's shop!

    JBsVintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful room--I love the chandeliers, and I love the Piefection graphic on the wall--all so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! What a wonderful job. I just love the new look. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this space, so gorgeous, doesn't even look lie the same shop! I'll be featuring it tomorrow.
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is gorgeous!! The stripes with the logo are complete perfection!!! I love it all!

    Jeannine @ The Concrete Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely and fun pie shop! I love how you designed it on photoshop I need to learn that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a darling and fun shop!! A fabulous transformation. Thanx for linking up to THT.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How absolutely darling!!! What a sweet shop~ love this.Thank you for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...