Thursday, February 7, 2013

Pride And Prejudice: A Cure for the Common Cold

Had she found Jane in any apparent danger, Mrs. Bennet would have been very miserable; but being satisfied on seeing her, that her illness was not alarming, she had no wish of her recovering immediately, as her restoration to health would probably remove her from Netherfield. She would not listen therefore to her daughter's proposal of being carried home; neither did the apothecary, who arrived about the same time, think it at all advisable. After sitting a little while with Jane, on Miss Bingley's appearance and invitation the mother and three daughters all attended her into the breakfast parlour. Bingley met them with hopes that Mrs. Bennet had not found Miss Bennet worse than she expected.
"Indeed I have, Sir," was her answer. "She is a great deal too ill to be moved. Mr. Jones says we must not think of moving her. We must trespass a little longer on your kindness."

-Jane Austen, "Pride and Prejudice," Chapter ix

We were so excited. SO EXCITED for Pride and Prejudice month. Then everyone got sick. Everyone.


Just to be clear: our absence from blogging has nothing to do with the common cold. Both of our families seem to have licked a Walmart bathroom floor, or at least you would think that's what happened from the rounds of illness we are passing about.

My husband's job is one that requires talking all day. He can't talk right now. So he called in, and I made him this tea. He looked at me surprised, and remarked, "This is actually good!" He drank it all and 6 hours later requested more. It really works, and it tastes delicious.

If you are near a store that carries Twinings Lemon Ginger Herbal tea, just go get it. It's just as good, and it's easier. If you don't, here you go:


To 2 Cups of boiling water, add: The zest of 2 lemons, and about 1 inch of ginger root (I shred all of that). Let steep for 5 minutes. Strain and add about a tablespoon of honey, and squeeze in a half of one of the lemons you just zested. Check the sweetness, and enjoy!

Honey is a natural cough suppressant, and the rest of it is so soothing and lovely. This is also a perfect tea for morning sickness, due to the ginger.

Now go be healthy! We hope to be partying like it's 1813 before you know it!!
Yeah I know, I am a dork.

5 comments:

  1. Feel and better......looking forward to P & P month
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better! My daughter has come to learn that tea is the cure when she's not feeling well - something my mom taught me at a young age too. Even my husband is one board now. We do Earl Gray (brewed weaker for the kids), with honey and lemon juice. For the grownups sometimes a shot of Captain Morgan (clears the sinus and takes some of the sore throat away). Its the only thing my daughter will touch when her stomach is upset too. Just recently joined the Pride & Prejudice boat - can't believe I missed it before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... so are you saying you all have potty mouth? (Sorry- sticking my foot in mine here since you don't know my dark humour... you can just blame it on all the allergy and flu meds... anyway- I have a lovely ginger root dried up in the fridge- I am going to start a trash garden. I used to have one in Pa.... grew better than the things I grew on purpose. Left over garlic bulbs, ginger, potatoes that had sprouted. It was always fun to see what took root.The ginger lemon tea is an awesome idea. About the only flavor not in the cupboard right now. Apple cinnamon, as well as any mint is good too. We are recovering from the flu here, too. YUK! Hope you and yours are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Pride and Prejudice and all things Jane Austen! What a great theme!! I have been drinking ginger root tea for a few years now. There is nothing like it and it truly works! Have a great day! ~ Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. So is possible that HIV Disease can be cured because I have been scammed so many times not until I came across this great man Dr Akhigbe who helped me at first I never believe all this comment and post about him and I was very sick because I have been infected with HIV/AIDS for the past two year,just last 2 months I keep reading the testimony about this man named Dr Akhigbe they said that the man is so powerful he have cured different type of diseases, I keep monitoring his post of some people about this man and I found out that he was real so I decided to give him a trial I contacted him for help and he said he was going to help me get my cure that all I needed to do was to send him money to prepare the medication after which it will be sent to me via DHL courier delivery services which I did to my greatest surprise the medication was sent to me he gave me instructions to follow on how to drink it that after  three weeks I should go for check up,after taking the medicine and follow his instruction after three weeks I went back to the hospital for another test, at first I was shocked when the doctor told me that I was  negative I ask the doctor to check again and the result was still the same negative that was how I free from  HIV VIRUS at of the shock I decided to come and share my own testimony with you for those who think there is no cure for HIV VIRUS the cure as finally come'  out stop doubting and contact Dr Akhigbe via email drrealakhigbe@gmail.com he will help you out you can also whatsApp him via +2348142454860 he is also perfect in curing DIABETICS,HERPES,HIV/AIDS, ;ALS,  CANCER ,HEPATITIS A AND B,ASTHMA, HEART DISEASE, CHRONIC DISEASE. NAUSEA VOMITING OR DIARRHEA,KIDNEY DISEASE, SPIDER BITE, LUPUS,EXTERNAL INFECTION, COMMON COLD, PAIN IN JOINT,EPILEPSY,STROKE,STOMACH DISEASE. ECZEMA, EATING DISORDER etc believe me that deadly disease is not longer a deadly sentence because dr akhigbe has the cure.the godfather of herbal root.
    email: drrealakhigbe@gmail.com         whatsapp number.  +2348142454860  website: https://drrealakhigbe.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...