Thursday, August 2, 2012

A Midsummer Night's Dream: Little Fierce Art

“Though she be but little, she is fierce!”
-William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream



When I read this quote, it just made me giggle because I have a little one whose temperament fits this statement all too well.  I knew immediately that I needed it to be posted somewhere in my house to honor both her and the Bard of Avon before we bid him farewell.

I printed it out on paper and framed it...



and it just looked a little blah.


And I wanted her to be a part of it, so...

I printed it on vellum,

and printed a picture of her (Straight out of the printer on copier paper & I bumped up the contrast on that pic so it would show through the vellum a bit more.)

and framed them together. (I actually put the glass between the vellum and the picture because I liked it looking a bit more foggy, but if you want the picture more crisp, just put the vellum and paper right on top of each other.)

And now we know which kid it's referring to.

This is a fun way to display pics with any kind of quote, and assuming you have some vellum on hand, it is totally free! And if not, vellum won't break the bank. Also, it takes roughly five minutes to make :) Best of luck!

Linking up:
         vif187 The Shabby Nest bws tips button 

4 comments:

  1. I love this idea and love the quote! I'm sure it is very appropriate for your little princess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness... grad school gave me a quick break to leave a comment. :) swoon... what would I do without your blog? I can't wait to be done with school so I can get back to crafty projects and blogging. But anyway, keep up the good work in the meantime so I have a nice diversion into craftiness and literary wonderfulness even in the midst of being knee-deep in all things medical. It keeps me sane. :)
    P.S. I had an idea... since you can NEVER have enough Jane Austen in one's life, I think it would be just superb to do a series on each specific novel continuous with the theme of each. :) haha... I know, I'm addicted. And I'm living vicariously through you two right now. :) Have a wonderful weekend ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Melissa @ Daisy Mae Belle (I have got to figure out how to change my Google name!) I LOVE this project! I could use that quote for all 3 of my girls!!! Crazy how little girls can be so fierce?! I need to find quotes for each of them and do this with their pictures! I am pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!! May have to use this for my sweet little Evil.....oh wait I mean Livi. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...