Sunday, January 8, 2012

Lemon Poppyseed Muffins

I do NOT have a great Lemon Poppyseed Muffin recipe yet. BUT I do have a few ways to dress up your favorite recipe. A friend of mine had a baby shower this weekend, and I was asked to make these. The recipe itself still has some work to be done- I am just not thrilled with the texture of the ones I have tried. But I filled them with a Lemon-Cream Cheese, and topped them with Lemon Syrup and Candied Lemon Slices. That would compensate for pretty much any texture you may not be 100% happy with.


For the lemon syrup (Brushed on as they were pulled from the oven) I boiled 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice, 1/4 C water, and 3/4 C Sugar together until the sugar was dissolved.


For the Candied Lemon Slices, I sliced lemon very thin and simmered in the lemon syrup until the lemon slices turned translucent. Then I pulled them out and just placed one on top of each muffin with a little kiss of extra Lemon-Cream Cheese.

Here you can kind of see the Lemon Cream Cheese filling. It is just cream cheese with a lemon's worth of zest and juice. I filled the muffin cups about 1/3 of the way with batter, put in a dollop of the cream cheese, and added another 1/3 of batter. Leave the last 1/3 for expansion.

I have done this with an assortment of different muffins: carrot, blueberry, etc. And it's always a cute way to dress them up. PLUS it is the beginning of citrus season, so explore what combinations suit you, and enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. These look Delicious! You are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness those look so great Miriam! You're blasting it with great recipes, a fun guest post and darling printable in 2012! I'm glad to be following along!!! XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  3. These muffins look wonderful, and your photos are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so delicious!! Thanks so much for linking up! Just wanted to make sure that you signed up for my $50 stencil giveaway...

    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...